December 04, 2011

Skate Night

Posted by Louis  |  2 comments

Winter is finally here I think. It was a nice 45 degrees so we decided to take the kids to Millennium Park for a little ice skating. Yung's feet were too small. The smallest size they had was a eight but he wears a five. Emma had to wear boy ice skates and Annya wore Emma's old ice skates. I started to have flash backs of China. The skating ring was very crowded. I stayed back with Yung, Mommy took Annya to the ice and Emma held onto the skating ring wall.


It was now my turn to take out Annya, Emma was still holding onto the wall, we started our skate traveling approximately 1 to 2 mph. Annya falls and then cleans off the ice from her pants. She falls again and cleans off the ice on her pants with her hand and then licks the ice off her hand. Annya, I don't think it is a good idea that you lick the ice off your hands. Ok Daddy. After Annya fell around 20 times, she then looks at me like a true woman and says, Daddy you don't know how to skate, you need to get out now. Holding her hand didn't seem to work or help her from falling. So I decided to let her go. She actually did much better on her own. Annya was able to skate the ring falling twice on her own.

It was getting darker and colder. Mommy was ready to go home. So I met Emma holding onto the wall. Emma it is time to go. Why Daddy? I don't want too. It is getting late and cold Emma. Daddy I don't want to go. Ok Emma, let me take onto the skating ring. No Daddy, let me go, I'm ready to go home right now. In fairness to Emma, I don't believe her rented skates were a good fight. Her feet even wobbled on the sidewalk. We will have to buy Emma her own skates and hopefully she will no longer be a wall huger

Sunday, December 04, 2011
Read more

2 comments:

Xun said...

http://diarysince6.blogspot.com/2011/12/ice-skating.html

Xun said...

emma's own account of ice skating

back to top