April 25, 2011

The spring break

Posted by Xun  |  No comments

The spring week has passed, now i am sitting in my office, in my zone, working furiously. Completely calm, completely forgot what the kids and I have done for the spring break. It just zipped through, we did not even go to any special places, events. Oh, yeah, I was in Washington D.C. for a day, and on that day Louis took them to camp out at his dad's. They came home with baskets of chocolates in all shapes and containers. I had to really control myself not to impulsively throw the junkies away.

The kids are all right, survived chaos, sibling rivalries and not going anywhere. There were actually not one moment of boredom, but plenty of exhaustion and tired cries. Yung had gingerly practiced making his baby steps independently, we all cheered. Other than Annya. Annya broke out crying, because the attention was not on her. Emma and Annya drew prolifically. Emma drew the house across the street, Annya drew a million princesses with legs dangling directly under the chins. She actually draws better and better and often sits quietly for a long time just drawing. Emma wondered aloud if Annya would become a better artist than she is. Yung is drawn to drawing, scribbling whenever the girls are. He made the girls cry and scrabble to save their master works.

The whole week did not go without Annya being whiny and screaming and throwing temper storms at us. Once I talked to her, Annya, you do this at your class? No. I am only whinny at home. Why? I do not know.

She throws her temper tantrum about once a day, about 4 to 5 minutes long. And they push me to edge, to despair. But at school, she is the star, the teachers are raving about her. I think she is testing the limit of my tolerance. And whenever she is on the full act-out of her temper without the slightest provocation, I am at the end of my wits, my patience. Then she is done, she said sorry and demand me to accept her apologies. My only hope is she outgrows it. She is like:

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead;
And when she was good,
She was very, very good
But when she was bad she was horrid.


Yung is great. Emma is super.

Monday, April 25, 2011
Read more

0 comments:

back to top