July 16, 2007

Mommy, I miss y ou

Posted by Xun  |  1 comment

For the past few weeks, it has been a struggle to get Emma to school. She would just follow me everywhere, saying: "Mommy, I miss you", "Mommy, I do not want to go to school." "Mommy, I want to stay home with you." "Mommy, do not go."

At night, before going into sleep, she'd ask: "Mommy, after nap (sleep), where will I go?" I say, "Emma, you will go to school, and I will go to work". That is a recipe for tears. In the morning, after waking up, she would ask again, and again I would tell her that she needs to go to school. Then she would cry, protest, whine, scream, whatever, refusing or stalling to dress herself. I reason with her, saying how school would enrich her, how she has to go to school, how i have to go to work, how no use crying. She may control herself a bit, then again burst into a big cry. So I ignore her or be really strict with her, demanding she dress and tidy herself. I told her: "Emma, I do not want to hear you say that you do not want to go to school". It worked to some degree, but she still could not stop her tears.

Handing her over to her teacher induces another scene of big crying, though the teacher said, normally she would recover very quickly and collect herself and play.

Still I am tired and weary.

Is it because of the addition of Annya to the family made her so needy? But Annya spent so much time sleeping ... When will she grow out the phase?

Monday, July 16, 2007
Read more
back to top