February 19, 2007

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Posted by Xun  |  2 comments

After the pinky Valentine, now comes the biggest holiday for all Chinese, the Spring Festival or the Lunar New Year. At least for all Chinese in China, they get a long stretch of days off (5 days, 10 days?), 24/7 parties, red envelops for kids and seniors, fire crackers, fire works, and lots and lots of sin food.

Not for me though. In America, we do not get any days off. Nor do I mind. I cannot think of any way to celebrate either other than call home and say: "Hello, Happy New Year!" Or "Xin Nian Hao" Or "Gong Xi Fa Cai". Even that was not easy. For a whole two days, all circuits route to China are congested.

Maybe some special foods to celebrate. As cakes for birthday, turkeys for thansgiving? But what is the special food for the Chinese New Year? I cannot even say. oh, maybe the spicy and saucy SiChuan sausages my mom dutifully made every year. Or the very spicy, colorful "Keshui Chicken". And yes, dumplings. So we had dumplings.

Gong Xi Fa Cai. Wish you a very prosperious year of pig.

(And I will have a piggy baby for sure).

Monday, February 19, 2007
Read more

2 comments:

yan said...

this spring festival I went to BAZHONG(my husband's hometown) with my husband,and had a good time,yesterday we come back.

yan said...

my phone number has changed,66799874

back to top