November 28, 2006

Chicken for Christmas present

Posted by Xun  |  No comments

Christmas is coming, twinkly trees with bright colorful glass balls are everywhere. Christmas is not my thing, but it is pleasant to look at the trees.

Christmas is coming, so is the season of present-shopping and giving. Emma is going to get some Christmas presents, certainly not through a big red sock though. What to give her? I decided to ask her.

"Emma, Christmas is coming. What do you want for a present?"

Here came the surprising and hilarious answer.

"Not candies, not M&Ms, not cookies, not chocolate, not ... (she named a list of things, but I forgot), but a chicken."

Ha, ha.

"Emma, you sure you want only chicken?"

"Yes. Chicken."

...

Yesterday Emma said something else funny. She patted my tommy, then asked:

"Mommy, you have a baby in your tommy?"

"Yes"

"Why is the baby in the tommy?"

I searched for an answer for this typical kid's question. All previous preparation on this topic gone blank. Luckily, she continued to ask:

"What is the baby's name?"

"I don't know. What do you think?"

"Oh, name it ABC!"

Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Read more

0 comments:

back to top