June 08, 2006

Speaking English

Posted by Xun  |  4 comments

It has been four days since Emma first went to exclusively-English-speaking preschool. Everyday, Emma would bring back some new words and phrases in English.

The first day, she said "Come out", while watching me walk out the bathroom with great satisfaction.

The second day, "Good job!". The teacher must have praised her emphatically at school. So I gladly repeated after her, "Good job!"

The third day, "Clean up!". And then, "One, two, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten". She said rhythmically, with such joy and force, I almost could picture her shout with other kids again and again, "One, two ...", their feet thumping.

The fourth day, "Be careful". Then, "Mommy be careful", "Daddy be careful", "Emma be careful".

Of course, now the names of her playmates and teachers are all over her conversation, perfectly accented and pleasantly sounded.

It is just like that. Easy!

I want to go back to be a preschooler, so I do not fret with my tongue and my faltered confidence while I am speaking my faulted English.

Thursday, June 08, 2006
Read more

4 comments:

Dirty Butter said...

They are like sponges at that age. It is the best time in her life to learn another language. As you've already seen, it will come very naturally to her at her age.

I'd like to invite you to join our brand new, family friendly BLOG VILLAGE TopList. I think your blog would be a great addition.

You can find out more about it at the BLOG VILLAGE blog.

Dirty Butter said...

They are like sponges at that age. It is the best time in her life to learn another language. As you've already seen, it will come very naturally to her at her age.

I'd like to invite you to join our brand new, family friendly BLOG VILLAGE TopList. I think your blog would be a great addition.

You can find out more about it at the BLOG VILLAGE blog.

Dirty Butter said...

Sorry for the double comment. Blogger's acting crazy.

Xun said...

I know. Blogger have been very very unstable these two days. I wonder how many comments it has blocked or lost.

Thank you. I'd love to join.

back to top