May 02, 2006

Mocking Bird

Posted by Xun  |  3 comments



Mocking Bird

Hush, my little baby do not say a word
Mama is gonna take you to bed

If the evening still looks bright
Mama and you are gonna read a few books
"Run away bunny", "A little ugly Duck" ...

In the sky when the moon rises
On your pillow, my little baby please lay your head

If however you feel a little lonely
Mommy has brought you the teddy bear

When the night becomes dark and deep
My little baby, you fall fast asleep

In your sleep you dream along
Let Mommy sing you a song
"Twinkle, twinkle little star"




Note: One of Emma's bed ritual is for me to sing her songs, lullabys or whatever. Lately, I found myself singing "Mocking bird". However, I often got stuck in the midddle, completely unable to recollect the words and the rhythm. I looked it up on the web, found various changed funny versions. So I decided to make my own.

However, with inadequate English background and foundation, I could not rhythm up the whole thing at all, instead, I got the above raw and twisted and elementary-levelled little song, or poem, or whatever...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Read more

3 comments:

Great post! I always looked forward to mom singing at bedtime when I was young.

Cheers!

dawn said...

that is a wonderful song! I used to sing to my daughter when she was little, and I would often forget the words or just make it up as I went along. There is nothing wrong with that, and if you can remember the words from time to time, they have their own special song :)

Xun said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, reading the posts and leaving your kind comments in this lovely spring. They made me happy.

back to top