March 30, 2006

A little short ...

Posted by Xun  |  1 comment

Leo and I are fairly short, Leo is 5.6 and I am not even 5.2. My whole family is fairly short too, with my mom towering the rest of us at about 5.3 ft. Leo's family too, but his father and grandfather are quite tall.

Anyway, I think Emma has inherited the one quality that I very much would like her to disinherit: familial shortness. It may be not the case in the future. She may simply have some consitutional growth delay. But right now she seems shorter than the kids of her age. She is only 2 ft 10'', at 15 percentile range.

There is nothing I can do, I know. And being short is not a big deal either. Still, I am a little unhappy. Still, every time when I see a tall kid towering a head over Emma, I am still shocked, I would ask in disbelief: "you are only 2? Wow, you are so tall..."

Happily Emma has no clue about my little silly concern. She loves to measure her height against the colorful growth chart on the wall. Even more so, she loves to measure the heights of her little furry friends, bears, dogs, chicks ...

We ask: "Emma, how tall is the bear?"
She answers: "Two pounds."

Thursday, March 30, 2006
Read more

1 comments:

Xun said...

Seems that the only measuring unit for her is lbs.

back to top